Friday, October 06, 2006

Melissa speaks

Investigation on fast track (I'll believe it when I see it). The only thing that Republicans can do fast is cut taxes, or vote to harass families (Terri Shiavo)....

the whole article is here, I'm just going to hit the parts where my congresswoman speaks.
The scandal has shocked Pennsylvania lawmakers who knew Mr. Foley. "He was a hard-working congressman," said Ms. Hart, who served alongside Mr. Foley on the House's powerful Ways and Means Committee. "Members are outraged. The public is outraged, and that's justifiable."
Well I'm sure glad Melissa says we're justified.
On Wednesday, a House leadership aide who was a former chief of staff for Mr. Foley said Mr. Hastert's office had been aware of problems with his one-time boss as far back as 2003. The speaker's press secretary denied that claim.

"I have no way of knowing the accuracy of those statements," Ms. Hart said.
How much did you know about Foley and when did you know it? Because we're hearing that Foley's action were common knowledge on capitol hill, pages kept complaining but no one would listen.
But lurid accounts of Internet sex chats likely will continue to capture the public's attention as the multiple inquiries move forward. Ms. Hart said her Western Pennsylvania constituents have flooded her office with calls about it.
These hearings better be public and witnesses better be put under oath. I think I'll call again today and see what I can find out.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home